I found this quote very interesting. This quote does not apply to only the purpose of color but can be applied to anything in this world. I believe or would like to believe that there is a purpose for everything that is there and happens in this world.
2. “I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see”
One of my friends quoted something in these lines recently (it might actually be something she quoted from somewhere), and I agree with it completely. Especially this semester has been so crazy, that I always can’t help but wish the day was longer. Time has been moving way too fast.
3. “I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by” Douglas Adams
I absolutely love this line for its subject and the interesting comparison it makes. I usually say I hate deadlines, but now I’ve got a new way of looking at it. I think a line like this would work great in a poem because it makes use of interesting language and sounds.
4. “I would be sad without potato chips, but much worse if you chopped off my arm. This person I met at a conference quoted this line that is from Dean Young's poem "So the Grasses Grow"
This is another line that caught my attention and I think the comparison made is simply awesome! It is a different and interesting way to describe the pain of chopping of an arm. I actually really enjoyed reading this Poem by Dean Young because it had some interesting use of language.
5. “Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die”
I’ve heard this quote many times but I’m not sure who it’s originally said it. I think this quote is in the lines of having a dream but not willing to do the hard work to achieve that dream or goal. Especially at this time of the semester when all the work is starting get overwhelming, I like to hear such lines to remember that you have to go through crap to reap benefits in the future.
No comments:
Post a Comment